Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy 9 Month Birthday Trenton!

Trenton turned 9 months today! I don't know what happened, but suddenly he isn't my itsy-bitsy baby anymore. He acts so mature and is doing so much these days. I cherish my bedtime routine where he nestled into me, ready for bed because I don't know how much longer this will last. I'm lucky he still prefers the gentle bouncing and singing before getting laid down. Even more than that, I'm so glad we followed the advice of drowsy, not asleep for going to bed because he is so perfect with it! When he is ready, he is ready and it is such a peaceful time. The thumb goes immediately into his sweet little mouth, he lays his head down on your shoulder, relaxes....he's ready to sleep. A minute later, he's asleep. I love it!

Trenton definitely started moving a lot more this month. His crawling started as the inch worm, worked its way to an army crawl, and now seems to be the real deal. He does like to plop onto his belly most of the time and just play like that instead of crawling and getting into mischief. We are glad about that! I think the alternative is about to happen, though. However, he is just too tuckered out from exerting all that energy crawling that he never makes it to a far destination.

Be on guard when holding him. Trenton leaps towards things he wants all the time and when you least expect it. It is nearly impossible to go into a store with him in your hands and shop. He reaches for items here and there, and then suddenly, may bend backward at anytime. I'm sure we look funny but he loves looking at people (or things) upside down--silly guy! Luckily he does the upside-down thing at the house or I'm sure we'd get a lot of funny looks!

This little guy has elephant ears like his mommy! You can't make a sound entering his room anymore. If he hears anything--a creak of a door, a voice, absolutely anything--he immediately gets on all fours and peers over the bumper, through the rails and stares directly at the door (or you if you are entering!) It's funny but he has definitely learned where people enter his room, and it is making things more challenging for Mommy. I've found myself on multiple occasions hitting the floor because he moves and I fear that he might see me. And if he sees you, he wants out of that crib. A reoccurring situation is.......You hear him start moaning and wiggling because he is cold and check the monitor to notice his blanket is off. You go cover Trenton up in the middle of the night. (And he does this a lot being such a wiggle worm!) And suddenly, you are caught! We'll have to learn how to prevent this because I'm starting to have to feed him in order to get him back to sleep. Ahhh--it always seems to happen at 3:30 just when you are in the dead of sleep.

He has pulled himself up to the standing position on a few occasions, but we still have yet to find him standing in his crib. While doing laundry, I have put him in the standing position in his crib myself so he can watch me load and unload the laundry. He gets a kick out of standing and babbles up a storm. You have to be careful because he can still topple over, especially when so excited to be standing.

One of the best things is that Trenton has understood how to use his two little fingers to pick up food. We started with peas, which he actually prefers to mash between his fingers, although he will a few make it into his mouth. Recently we have moved on to Gerbers' Puffs, which he absolutely loves. Now, anytime he hears you munching, he wants your food thinking they are Puffs. We're constantly having to pull out the Puffs since they somewhat dissolve while still having the crunch feel. Once he really gets the chewing down, we'll move on to table food. It's only been a short period of time of this type of food.

Daddy taught Trenton give five this month. We are still working on waving, Go Dawgs/Roll Tide kickoff chants, and the Tomahawk Chop. I think waving will be next. :)

Happy 9 Month Birthday Trenton!
Standing while holding on.

He loves to pull over his baskets and dig through his toys himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment