Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day 16: My Parents

I am thankful for my parents.  Without hesitation and on spur of the moment, they took on the task of watching the boys for the weekend so Kevin and I could go to the Alabama v. Mississippi State football game in Starkville, MS.  It was date night!  (Well, date weekend, maybe.)  They are always doing stuff like this, and it allows Kevin and me the opportunity to do things together, just us.  We are so grateful for that!  It is easy to get caught up in the mommy and daddy roles in the family and forget to take time to do activities as just husband and wife.  The 5 hour road trip, Wild Wing dinner, football game, night out and 5 hour drive home was all spent in good company.  I am blessed by their dedication to the family, unselfish desire to help, and unconditional love poured out on others.  I hope to be just as good of grandparents one day!
Date night in Starkville at the Alabama v. Mississippi State football game
If I hear another cow bell......!!!
Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment