Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 25: Dentists

I am thankful for dentists.  I admire their passion to help others.  Today we spent a good while at our pediatric dentist.  Trenton chipped a tooth last Friday.  There was no pain, luckily, but I took him to the dentist nevertheless.  (I am grateful for his bravery and fearless demeanor, too.)  It's a good thing we went.  He discovered the chip had gone through the enamel into the second layer.  It was extremely close to the nerve.  As a precaution, he fixed that sucker right up so that it wouldn't become sensitive or prone to infection.  I am blessed that Dr. Howard worked so patiently with Trenton and squeezed in the procedure so that we wouldn't have to come back at a later date.  I admire his compassion for his patients.  I'm also grateful for his gentle approach and expertise.  The kid is still the biggest fan of the dentist.  He thinks he just got to be the special patient for the day because he got to go in the "movie" room, received 3 tokens for the toy tower, and was given a gazillion stickers.  Little did he know he was given laughing gas and a fixed tooth.
 Trenton getting laughing gas for his tooth procedure.  He was so good! 
 Bennett trying to occupy himself with the backpack while we wait on Trenton.  Trenton received 3 tokens for the toy tower.  He was so sweet and gave Bennett 1 to get a toy.
 I'd say he was great at the dentist; that's 5 stickers smacked together on his shirt.  And he got a special treat after our Chick-fil-a lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment