Friday, December 13, 2013

Bethleham Walk

Trenton and I went to Bethleham Walk down the street.  It was the church that I attended when I was younger.  I actually worked in the little town of Bethleham as a teenager.  I remember being a candle maker and a basket weaver.   I'm glad Trenton was able to experience it through his little eyes this Christmas season.   He knows so much about Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus from his month bible verse at preschool, but he really didn't know about the town.
 It was like a castle as we entered the gates.
 Shops were set up to view.
The guards intrigued Trenton (at first), then when they kept coming up and asking for taxes, he became worried. However, once the stamping station came around to mark who had paid taxes, he didn't want his hand stamped.  I had to explain that the tax collectors weren't nice back then so they have to act that part.  I think he started to understand. 
 He enjoyed participating in parts. 
 Of course, the animals were a big hit.
 We saw pottery makers and Trenton got to play games from the day. 
At the end, we watched a reinactment of the Christmas story.  Trenton said he enjoyed this the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment