Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 27: Cousins

I am thankful for cousins.  Trenton, especially, anticipates the arrival of his cousins.  They have a special bond.  He knows it's a time of constant play, lots of laughter and fond memories.  Riley will nurture and guide the boys.  Chase will act silly and play hard with the boys.  Hutch will watch and get into mischief with the boys.  Each is so unique, but the way they interact together is unforgettable.  It makes me smile and I feel so blessed that Trenton and Bennett have these special people in their lives. 

I remember thinking the same thing growing up.  I loved seeing my cousins.  I only have four.  Two on my mom's side and two on my dad's side, but that is plenty.  When we went to see Jay and Jennifer my memories are mostly around their house and their pool.  We played endlessly there!  I remember Jay putting my swimsuit on backwards, Jennifer toting me around on her hip, squeezing into the pull out sofa bed in the game room....lots of fun memories!  When we got together with Laura and Andrew, I remember making dance routines with Laura and acting like a little mama with Andrew.  We goofed off, entertained ourselves and had a blast!  Cousins definitely bring friendship and family to a new level.  

Still to this day, I look forward to any chance to get together with them.  I admire each of my cousins and am grateful for them for various reasons.  Jay is a role model to me as he raises his family.  Jennifer always has time to update me on Texas happenings and send me random texts.  She always makes me feel remembered.  Laura I admire for her sense of independence living up in New York and for following her dreams.  Andrew always makes me laugh and has good stories to tell.  He's my baby cousins, although he's in his twenties and towering over me.  I wish I could see them all more often!

 First fire of the season.  Kevin did a great job with it.  It was so cozy!
 Trenton holds on tight at he rides tandum with Chase.
 They rode forever on the plasma cars.
 Bennett and Hutch played in the playroom.
 Pajama picture......little Bennett was already asleep.
Riley read Trenton his bedtime story.

No comments:

Post a Comment