Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 12: Our Home

I am thankful for our home.  We have a wonderful, spacious, cozy house we can call our home.  It is in a good neighborhood, with good schools and close to many of our friends and family.  We feel very blessed to have found this home, and it is funny how things work out.  I'm not sure many know the story behind our purchase. (To help you follow the story "this house" is always referring to our new house.)  We had placed two offers down on other houses.  On the first house, we were the 4th offer in 48 hours and our offer was eventually turned down.  (It was during this time frame that we were supposed to go see this house.)  By the time we heard back about our first offer, this house was under contract.  We never even got to see this house.  We then found a 2nd house.  It was a negotiating war, and we felt uneasy with the terms so did not accept a 3rd counter offer.  Randomly, this house popped back into our listings.  We asked our realtor to see it and found out it was an accident that it entered the listings again.  It was currently under contract but our realtor said she'd call and find out if they would still show it.  The previous owners agreed.  It was the middle of the week at nap time that I put the boys down at my parents (thankfully my dad worked from home so they could sleep there while he worked.)  I was in love!  This house was exactly what we were looking for.  I was disappointed that it was under contract.  I wanted it.  There was nothing we could do but wait on the pending sale to finalize or the house to come back on the market with a rare incident.  Our realtor said it was real late in the game and probably nothing would happen.  I told Kevin that afternoon that this was our home.  "I don't know how, but this is our house."  Kevin laughed but I felt it and insisted it was ours.  Three days later, the finances fell through for the person who had it under contract.  The owners immediately called our realtor.  We were on the way to the lake.  Without Kevin even seeing the house, we pulled over at a Kinko's and wrote up an offer.  It felt right.  It had so much of what we wanted, yet I don't think we knew how much we could love a home until this one became ours.  It is the place where our boys spend most of their time.  It is a place they need to feel safe and comfortable.  I am grateful for God's plan and for listening.  Thankfully, "this house" became our home sweet home.  It is everything we dreamt of. Bless this home and the memories created here!   

No comments:

Post a Comment