Friday, January 24, 2014

Bennett's 1st Haircut

There is no doubt about it.  Bennett cracks me up with his unique personality.  He thinks he is invisible when he lays his head on my shoulder.  If there is a stranger, they won't see him.  If we are at the nursery, he will not have to go.  Well, he pulled the trick again at the hair salon.  He thought I would not put him in the chair, but I did.  Yes, he clung to me, but once I pried his little fingers off me and strapped him in there was no turning back.  He didn't scream.  He didn't cry.  He just avoided me all together. His look was stern and serious, and by golly, I was only a foot away, but he was not going to make eye contact or smile until it was all over.  It was Mommy's pay back for making him get a haircut, I guess.  Somehow, serious or not, he is still the cutest little one year old I know!  I love these series of photos.  He is all B!
The boys play in the back of the car now.  They pass food, chapstick, toys....you name it....back and forth to each other.  Today, they had a sword fight.  You would have thought they were at Disney World by the sound of their laughs.  It was tons of fun apparently.  It's off to......
To get Bennett's 1st haircut!  His hair really isn't that long.  It was a huge decision for me.  Mommy could definitely keep it like it is, but recently he's been called a girl more often, and I think it is due to his really long comb over.  So, I figured it was a good way to spend Friday afternoon. 
The seriousness begins.  He gripped tightly to the chair and would not give in to a smile.  It was hilarious! 
 I'd say the comb over was a good 8 in.  Haha!
"I can't believe she is making me do this!"  
 If only his look could talk.  LOL! 
 "Really, Mom?  And all you want to do is try to get me to smile?  Stubbornness runs in the family! I will not look at you.  I will not look at you.  I can do this."
 "Is it over yet?"
 "Ok, I give up!  That wasn't so bad.  I look pretty good.  I'll smile for you."
Bennett was awesome on the radar.  We are so proud of him for being a brave little boy and getting his hair cut like his big brother!
He looks like one adorable little boy now with his big boy haircut.   
Momma is really happy with the result.  The perfect amount of hair was trimmed.  I'm always so fearful because we have definitely had our share of butcher jobs.  This one trimmed where needed but left the little wisps near his face. 
Playing at the Avenue before getting into the car to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment