Saturday, August 23, 2014

Oh No!

Unfortunately, while I was gone disaster struck.  However, thankfully, no one was hurt and my sweet husband was there to take care of everything.  My supportive parents took the boys, and Kevin arranged crew after crew to come into the house.  This is what I came home to.....
 A ceiling torn out and fans throughout the house drying things up.
 All the living room furniture piled in a heap in the playroom.  The culprit was a pipe that burst leading to the Jacuzzi tub in the master bath.  The result was a ceiling fallen in the living room and water gushing three stories down.......
..........all the way to the basement.  The demolition team tore up the fallen sheet rock and soggy carpet.  Fans were set up on three floors for 5 days drying the house up.  The next step is for the remodel, which hopefully will start in the near future.
We at least got a smile out the innocent of the boys having their shirts blown up by the fan.  Then, the jeep died on us the night I returned.   I forgot to mention Trenton was up all night throwing up, but at least he was in the caring hands of my parents.  They say it goes in waves.
I returned to school to find a coke had exploded in my work fridge.  I think everything was humorous at this point, but like I said, we were extremely blessed no one had been hurt in any of the situations.
So, long story short.......we moved in with my parents for the week and we put the boys to work for rent.  Just kidding!  The boys LOVE to take out and carry in the garbage.  They were excited to help Opa on the task.  I don't know what we would have done without my parents help this week.  Dad was a champ shuttle  people around town and babysitting.  He said he's considering picking up his own bus route in his retired age. :)  Mom was there to assist in the daily evening routines.  They are such gracious people and we're luckily to live right around the corner from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment