Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 2: Mommies and Daddies


Trenton came home with a thankful turkey today.  It read, "I am thankful for my Mommy because she cooks me dinner." It was so sweet, and it is proudly pinned to our bulletin board.  More importantly, it made me stop and think about the general concept.  I decided to ask him during prayers that night what he was thankful for and was going to reflect more on the matter.  Again, mommies and daddies were mentioned.  We always start our prayers, "Dear God, Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Trenton and Bennett" always have since before he could talk.   Then, we add things to that.  But, I wanted to hear his own little prayer and was honored that he talked about all mommies and daddies.  We then talked about how Granna and Opa were Mommy's mommy and daddy and how GiGi and PaPaw were Daddy's mommy and daddy.  (He is so funny because he likes to call us Megan and Kevin in stories!)  I have to agree completely with Trenton! I, too, am grateful for mommies and daddies. The roles they play in children's lives are unforgettable.  I have been blessed with amazing parents. I admire their unselfish behavior.  They always put others first and will do anything to help out.  Mommies and Daddies epitomize the act of giving and demonstrate the necessity to have role models in lives.  Not everyone is as lucky as I am, I know, and that makes me even more thankful to have such a generous mom and supportive dad.  Nevertheless, I honor mommies and daddies everywhere who set their lives on hold to adhere to the needs of their children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment