Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 5: Birthdays

I am thankful for birthdays.  They are reminders of where you have been, accomplishments made, and all the life lessons you have learned.  My sweet husband's birthday was today.  The boys and I recaped parts of his life with landmark coasters.  It was fun to reminisce on eventful things in his life. 

We started with Blue Bird Cafe from his childhood in Nashville, TN.  He attended the University of Alabama.  Met a Georgia Bulldog.  Moved to Virginia Highlands.  Took on new traditions such as running the Peachtree Roadrace.  Bought his first house in Marietta.  Got married and drove through the night lights of downtown Atlanta on our wedding night. Had a child and brought him to the Centennial Olympic Park Fountains to play.  Had another son and the story continues..... 

My birthday was last month and I have been beyond blessed my 32 years.  But on a more humorous side, my friend showed me this youtube clip.  Hilarious!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSnDJ7exSO0  I'm also grateful for a sense of humor as I age.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment